First National Real Estate - Magnetic Island - Holiday Homes Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully
Your holiday property is available from 2pm on the day of your arrival with a vacate time of 10am on the date of your departure as shown on your booking confirmation. First National Real Estate Magnetic Island is open between 9am and 5.00pm, 6 days per week. If special arrangements are required for collection of keys after hours these arrangements must be made prior to you arrival.
For all bookings 50% of the tariff plus an administration fee of $35 is required as a deposit to confirm the booking and is payable within 48 hours from the date you made the booking. Balance of all outstanding monies is due fourteen (14) days prior to your arrival. Payment may be made by bank cheque (made payable to First National Real Estate -Magnetic Island ), money order, EFTPOS, MasterCard, Visa, ( please note that Credit Card Payments attract a fee of 2%), direct deposit or travellers cheques (AUD).
With the high demand of annual Easter & Christmas re-bookings, First National Real Estate - Magnetic Island has adopted a policy whereby if you wish make your re-bookings during your present occupancy you must confirm the re-booking with the required holding deposit of $200.00. You only hold the right to re-book the same property for the corresponding dates in the following year until 5.00pm on the date of your departure. For Easter & Christmas re-bookings, the balance of the 50% deposit must be paid by 31st July with full payment due by 1st February for Easter bookings and the balance of the 50% deposit by 30th April and the full payment by 1st November for Christmas Bookings.
Linen is provided to all of our properties. All properties are offered in a clean and tidy condition before arrival and will be cleaned after your departure. However, it is your responsibility to wash clean all crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils and stow prior to your departure. If there is a barbeque on the premises it is your responsibility to make sure that it is cleaned after use. Should the property be left in a undesirable state after departure and excessive cleaning is required, then you will be charged for the additional time it takes to rectify the property to a clean and tidy state.
Most properties are supplied with Commercial Grade Hygienic Linen which is supplied by the Magnetic Island Laundry. It is our policy and that of the laundry that none of their Linen is to be washed by Guests. Any Linen that has been washed or badly soiled will have to be replaced by you the Guest. Such replacement will be required immediately so as to prepare the property for the next Guests.
- When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time. If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available.
- We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by a new owner. However, if the property is sold, you will be notified, allowing time to organise alternative accommodation.
- If your holiday property is listed for sale while you are in residence, the occupier agrees to allow the owner or agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers at mutually convenient times, by appointment.
- In the case of refurbishment or owners instructions, rental rates may be subject to increase without notice. Should this occur you will be notified and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff or receive a full refund of your deposit. We will also offer you alternate accommodation if possible.
- All properties under First National Real Estate -Magnetic Island management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or First National Real Estate -Magnetic Island to compensate or discount.
- At times situations arise of which we have no control. First National Real Estate - Magnetic Island reserves the right to move visitors to alternate accommodation (subject to availability) at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owner. If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your new address.
- Should a tradesperson be sent out upon your request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the callout will be charged to you.
- Special conditions apply for cancellations.
- For bookings cancelled more than 90 days prior to arrival date, a cancellation fee equal to $75.00 applies.
- For bookings cancelled 89 days or less prior to arrival date, a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total reservation charges (including all extras) applies.
- For bookings cancelled on or after arrival date, or during stay a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total reservation charges (including all extras) applies.
- Failure to arrive for a booking will be treated as a cancellation and a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total reservation charges (including all extras) applies.
- If after arrival, clients are dissatisfied with any aspect of their accommodation & decide to terminate their stay, any compensation or refund is at the total discretion of First National Real Estate Magnetic Island Management.
- Refunds can only be processed to the credit card that was used to pay for the booking. All other refunds will be paid via cheque or direct deposit only. Refund processing may take up to ten (10) business days.
- If you cancel your accommodation and we can secure a replacement booking for the same period and at the same tariff, your deposit will be refunded less a $75.00 administration fee. If however the property cannot be re-booked, your deposit is not refundable. If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is not refundable. First National Real Estate Magnetic Island retains the right to negotiate the tariff or length of stay to obtain a booking on a cancelled booking as we deem necessary. Please note that a change of booking dates attracts the same conditions for cancellations as stated herein.
Each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of guests. It is against Health Department regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate with no refund made. If required, we can arrange cots for young children at an additional charge.
Pets are generally not allowed, however, we do have a number of houses that will allow a dog or cat at an extra fee.
- Garbage bins are provided with all properties. Please ensure that all garbage is removed from your holiday property and placed in bins provided. Please read the sign in your holiday property for garbage collection day. You are required to place the bin on the kerbside for collection with the handle facing the property. Any excess garbage can be taken to the Picnic Bay Waste Centre, Corner of Birt and Magnetic Streets, Picnic Bay.
- All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area
No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the agent or owners control. No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situations arise before or during your travel period.
All guests are responsible for any loss or damage arising from breakages or other damage to the unit or common property during their stay, including any additional cleaning, removal of excess garbage, repairs or replacement of items in the property. All properties are privately owned. Please respect the owner's property and do not move furniture around. A fee may be charged should this occur. Do not move items from property to property.
Our staff will describe the premises, position and furnishings to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misdescription can be accepted.f
If keys and/or remotes are lost you will be responsible for the changing of the locks and 3 remotes (if applicable) and the cutting of 6 new sets of keys. Should a guest require duplicate keys after hours phone 0427 785 468 or 0428 785 012. A $35 cash service fee is applicable. If no spare keys are available, tenants may be liable for any costs involved in gaining entry to premises. The keys are your responsibility so please take care of them.
Unfortunately, as our units and homes are so widely spread we are unable to deliver messages. However, any messages given to us will be placed on our message board at our office at 21 Marine Parade, Arcadia. Mailbox keys are not supplied. If you are expecting mail have it directed c/- First National Real Estate - Magnetic Island 21 Marine Parade, Arcadia Q 4819 and check every so often at our office.
Left Items - if requested we will endeavour to recover and return items of value inadvertently left in your holiday property, but take absolutely no responsibility for the recovery or return. Postage, packaging and the cost of sending out a staff member to search for the item will need to be paid in advance; a minimum cost of $20.00 applies.
Low value items found will be held for claiming for a maximum of 2 weeks and if not claimed will be disposed of.
First National Real Estate - Magnetic Island has endeavored to maintain the accuracy of the content with this site, however from time to time, aspects of the content may be out of date. Certain information is provided by others including landlords, and for that we accept absolutely no responsibility for its accuracy.
First National Real Estate - Magnetic Island, and any representatives, makes no warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from infringement, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility, for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, in any of these materials. First National Real Estate - Magnetic Island, and any representatives, specifically disclaims any other warranties, guarantees, and promises, whether or not stated in full in this document.