The Barracks Arcadia 2
2 / 11 Cook Road Arcadia QLD 4819
From $ 125 per night
The Barracks is a recently renovated Australian classic that exudes traditional old world charm. It is a short stroll from Alma Bay where you'll find a beautifully sheltered swimming beach and park and close to newsagent, corner store, fish and chip shop, island tavern.
This building was built by the Australian Army during the Second World War. It was used as barracks for the soldiers while they constructed and maned The Forts.
- At that stage there was an open verandah facing the lane way which, over the years, has been enclosed.
- The separate house to the east, now on a separate land holding, was The Comandants residence.
- The Barracks were used to accomodate the Arcadian Surf Lifesavers after Cyclone Althea in 1971 as their property in Alma Bay was destroyed.
- It has recently been updated and renovated to reflect the casual Magnetic Island lifestyle
- Situated one street from the water in a quiet leafy cul da sac the units are clean, self-contained with ceiling fans throughout. This friendly and informal property features a covered gazebo barbecue area with tables and seating, and a pool with sun lounges.
- BBQ - communal
- Laundry - communal
- Swimming Pool is communal
- Washer/Dryer - communal,
- Washing Machine - communal.
- Discounts apply if booking both of these units .... ideal for a large family gathering. Just ask for more information when contacting the office.
All Linen Supplied
- Main Bedroom 1 x Queen
- Second Bedroom 2 x Single